Virwox/3rd party exchange Risk API issues

Delstar1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a second life account that is now beyond 40 days old with payment info on file and used the whole time. I got premium membership aswell for over 30 days and while I play the game, it would be super useful to me if I wouldn't get denied by risk api. I read on a forum someone trying to do the same thing said that literally on the 31st day he was no longer denied. I am still getting denied by risk api and I would like to know the actual timeframe to be able to do this. HELP!

well i first found out about second life through virwox while trying to buy bitcoin online. saw that linden dollars can be converted to bitcoin so i made a second life account bought linden dollars without considering risk api  went to an inworld atm and was denied the ability to transfer to the 3rd party exchange and still i have that issue. Despite finding the game through trying to obtain bitcoin i have found my self spending some time inworld chatting and exploring new places as well as enjoying the in world second life bitcoin community. It also seems as if some trusted members can transfer  large amounts of Linden dollars with no problem. If i had that ability secondlife's financial world would be a great tool for me. I am in the USA and have no problem waiting but i am still confused about risk api and how to gain trust

Ah. Okay then. Unfortunately I have zero info on this but I have seen some forum posts regarding both Virwox and bitcoins. Near the upper right corner of the page is the Search area. Try typing either bitcoin or virwox into the search window and then select 'Category' from the dropdown to the right. That might get you to some posts that are relevant to your question.

From the Virworx web site FAQ:

Why is my Linden dollar deposit denied by the Risk API?

Linden Lab does not tell us (or anybody), why their Risk API passes or denies payment. They just say it is dynamic and has several variables. It helps that a resident has a Second Life account with 30 days or more with payment information on file.

In our experience, this is sometimes just a temporary problem which disappears in a few hours.

So the answer is no one knows, but you should be ok after you are 30 days old.  You may want to call billing and ask them if there are any issues you need to be aware of.

Billing support phone numbers:
Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490
Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
Portugal: 800.814.450
Spain: 800.300.560
UK: 0800.048.4646
Support is in English Only

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.