Hair for hoodies?

berryouss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all! 

I am looking for long, straight hair that won't glitch through the hood. Does anyone know where I can find such hair?

I am testing demos now for 2 hours.. No success at all. I think it has to be combed to the front, so the hair won't cover the back. T_T

Snapshot_004.png

Just an example of how it's not supposed to look like... :catlol:

No hair can avoid that unless specifically designed by the same creator and / or for the exact same hoodie... and even then, only if they're attached or rigged to move in exactly the same way respect to the avatar.

Otherwise, each of the hair's strands would need the ability to detect when they're about to collide with the hoodie, and either retract, bend, disappear or whatever... something that SL current technology doesn't yet have.

What you might be able to do, if you observe the hoodie to pretty much follow the same movements as your head (and therefore as the hair) is to create a copy of the hair, and edit the individual parts (strands) of it that poke through the hoodie, moving them inside or making them invisible (transparency=100)... assuming, of course, that the hair is copiable and modifiable. Once done, you only need to wear that particular modified version of the hair when you want to wear the hoodie.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.