Answer
Honored Resident
Amil Morani
Accepted Solution
Creating custom skins

Hi,

Ive seen on yoututbe that people are making their own skins,makeup etc. using the templates they got  here on SL.Can some one help me through this process.I have photoshop but i have no idea where to begin.Can some one please help? Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solution
Cinnamon Lohner
Answered

Amil Morani wrote:

Hi,

Ive seen on yoututbe that people are making their own skins,makeup etc. using the templates they got  here on SL.Can some one help me through this process.I have photoshop but i have no idea where to begin.Can some one please help? Thanks in advance...

Hi Amil,

Here is a good place to start: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clothing_Tutorials

Don't be fooled by the title.  Clothing templates and skin templates are virtually the same.  You will find links to templates in that article.

Good luck!

--Cinn

Other Answers: 5
Nyll Bergbahn
Answered

In addition to the excellent link Cinn provided, i would suggest you take a look here and download the psd files for Eli Eloh's skins that she released full perm for the use of everyone subject to certain provisos. The quality and realism of the current generation of second life skins has improved considerably since these were created and subsequently released but these files will give you a good understanding on how to go about creating  skins, the various layers and how to organise them, although you can of  course decide to do things differently and create your own method but  either way you need to be extremely organised. The actual skins are available inworld.

If you are using GIMP and not Photoshop, please note GIMP can open psd files.

http://www.vintfalken.com/free-full-perm-female-skin-textures/

Nyll

Caine: I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.
Cinnamon Lohner
Answered

Amil Morani wrote:

Ok thank you very much  but now i have another problem that doesnt really seem to be explained lol...

Tell us what the problem is and I'm sure one of the smart people here can help.  Heck, I might even figure it out

--Cinn

Honored Resident
Amil Morani
Answered

Sory it took me a while to reply to this i had a hard time finding out how to access my own profile.Anywho as far as using the templates on photshop im having difficulty transfering a photo of myself over to the template.Im sure i can get it but it just seems a little tricky.

Honored Resident
Amil Morani
Answered

ok thanks ill surely take a look at that!!!

Honored Resident
Amil Morani
Answered

Ok thank you very much  but now i have another problem that doesnt really seem to be explained lol...