Cannot Jump or Fly with the E key

AustinCaldwell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using the latest version of firestorm Phoenix-FirestormOS-Releasex64-4-6-7-42398 as well as Windows 7

pgup and pgdn still work WASD still works fine and E can still be used in the chat box but when I try to use E for jumping nothing happens

now let me clear up a few things first so I may get to a soloution a little quicker, I have seen this problem posted a number of times around the forums and everyone is giving the same answers yet no one seems to be finding a proper solution

I have already

1. checked and made sure WASD was checked in preferances to affect movement

2. tried relogging

3. tried changing avi

4. tried detaching everything

5. un-installed everything and did a clean re install

6 tried using Singularity had the same issue

7. Tried a new user on windows with only firestorm installed

nothing works I have been around SL for about 4 years so a lot of the basic fixes I am pretty sure I know and I have seen people say that they have does these steps yet the helpers still tell them to do them, so I ask please look at the steps I have already taken and don't just tell me that is the problem because its not

3 answers to this question

Which viewer are you using, did you try another one and have there the same issue? If yes, I would guess you have some weird system setting. Another thing to narrow down the issue is to make a new windows user (I just assume you are on windows now;)) and only install a viewer there, nothing else. Same behaviour?

o.O I'm blind ;) I never had anything like this, not on my Win I did use for some time and also not on my Linux (which is my main OS). But using a new user and having the same issue narrows it down a little. So I would check any background software running, maybe replace the keybaord driver, remove another language from your OS, if you have any (there were some issues with having two languages sometimes). There are some more guy around here that seem to know a lot more than I do about such things, hope some will come and have some more good suggestions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.