a negative Risk API reading?

sleezyscoundrel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently ordered some L$ from a third party source (Virwox), since LL and Paypal would not accept a pre-paid card as payment. It took a while for the L$ to show up. An explanation from Virwox indicated my account with them was new (understandable) and LL showed my avatar as having a "negative Risk API reading" (???). They wrote me that the negative rating will disappear over time.

What is a Negative Risk API rating and why would it affect my purchase from a third party?

2 answers to this question

You can find details of the Exchange Risk API here.   It explains, "'No' indicates that a particular account shares behaviors with accounts that were proven to be high risk in the past" and goes on to explain "A 'No' is not a permanent response, but rather a snapshot of a particular moment in time; most factors are constantly in flux."

A "No" doesn't block the transaction -- clearly it didn't in your case -- but it does mean the Exchange, not LL, assume all risks in the transaction, which is presumably why they took time to review it. 

Obviously I don't know, but I'd hazard a guess that new account with Virwox,  pre-paid card and probably the amount of money involved had something to do with it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.