Newbie Question about changing my avatar

missblaqk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

First of all, I apologize if this is the hundredth version of the same question, I'm probably just too dense to get it.

So I've had my avatar for a few weeks now. I created it with a lot of freebies that a kind person in one of the welcome areas helped me attach / wear. Since then I bought a few other bits and pieces, including clothes, hair and body parts and it all worked out just fine the way I was taught to add them.

Now I've encountered a problem. I would like to change pretty much the whole shape and face of my avatar. I'd like her skin to be paler, her breasts to be more natural and her face to look younger. So I thought I'd use a complete avatar. I looked around this forum and searched for a bit and then I got a few demo versions to see which one I like best. The problem is that it just looks weird. First of all with some of the demos I've used, my hands and feet are freakishly big. And the second issue is that my face won't change at all. I've checked the "currently wearing" tab and the old shape and skin isn't there anymore, so I don't know why it would still use the old face?

The basic default avatar I used before adding anything of my own was one of the old ones, if that helps. I understand there's a difference between the old ones and the new (mesh?) skins, so I tried to avoid mesh items. I don't know if that's right? And I haven't bought any of the full versions yet because I'd like to see how it looks first.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I should do?

Thanks a lot!

Sadie

A demo is meant to be a demo, just to try it on

thats why your hands and feet get big and it wont away till you purcharse the shape instead of wearing the demo.

Or wear a freeby shape, how ever the skin takes sometimes few minutes to load or hit control alt R to reload textures.

You can also look for hunters or group gifts, dont expect the best to be easy .x

Hi Sadie,

You might want to check here: lots of creators give free items so that you can try their products.

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/

You might want to check here: news on sales, special events, new stores, ect.

http://seraphimsl.com/

Keep in mind that it takes a long time to tweek your look and for your avi to become exactly what you want it to.....good luck and most importantly have fun and enjoy the adventure of designing yourself : )

Kind Regards,

Josephine

Thank you very much.

I didn't know that the big hands and feet were part of the demo because the skin also had the creator's logo all over, so I thought the rest was part of me doing something wrong. :)

Also, thank you very much for the links. I'll be sure to check them out. 

Sadie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.