Furry Avatars that can be used with RLV

Salsoam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What I have learned about avatars is that furry avatars tend to be mesh models that hide the main body. But are there furry avatars that aren't mesh so that I can use them with RLV?

Or, is there a way to fix up RLV so that it won't detatch the mesh body? Or am I just out of luck?

There are tons of non-mesh furry avatars, or partial mesh(EG: mesh objects that are not rigged. For example, KZK Hyena is mesh, but none of it is rigged).

As for fixing up RLV to not detach specific things, It's possible to do this.

Most relays allow the ability to "lock" an attachment point, so you can just attach the body to "Avatar Center", if that it is the mesh body is entirely rigged mesh and linked together(you can usually link rigged mesh together without issue, if it is scripted properly), then choose to lock the "Avatar Center" attachment point.

Other then that, I am not entirely sure if this will work, but it MIGHT work. I provide it under public domain and no warranty/support. I cannot be held liable for anything this script does:

integer yourChannel = 1234;default{    attach(key id){        if(id)            llResetScript();    }    on_rez(integer i){        llResetScript();    }    state_entry(){        llSetMemoryLimit(0x2000);        llListen(yourChannel, "", llGetOwner(), "");    }    listen(integer chan, string name, key id, string msg){        if(msg == "lockavatar")            llOwnerSay("@detach=n");        else if(msg == "unlockavatar")            llOwnerSay("@detach=y");    }}

Change yourChannel to any channel you like. Place the script in any object you wish to lock from detachment by using "/channelnumber lockavatar", and unlock using "/channelnumber unlockavatar".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.