No other viewers work except firestorm

Jeremy Marquez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cam open other viewers and login for about a minute  then I get booted, I've tried second life, black dragon, exodus and even changed settings but they still boot me, I'm using windows 8.1 x64, Intel ssd, amd 6850 windows 8.1 preview display drivers, latest windows updates any idea why this is happening?

1 answer to this question

Your problem might be  similar to this one: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/windows-8-problem/td-p/1793481/page/1

Generally most Secondlife viewers (the original one included) should run on windows 8

Most likely it's not the viewer, but the drivers in your windows 8 system.
And 'windows preview drivers' as you mentioned sounds like we just might have your problem right there.

Some drivers are still new and some even still in testphase (due to windows 8 being still fairly new) so they also could cause problems. in that case you might need to experiment a bit and try different driver versions. (Graphic card, Motherboard etc) Visit the website of your graphic card manifacturer (AMD / Nvidia etc) and check for driver variations, new versions, and also patches or hotfixes.

It also might be that some drivers are still missing, like motherboard drivers etc.

Of course if you tried maybe older versions of viewers, or maybe viewers that are not supported anymore, or too outdated versions those would fail as well. And also the not so common viewers often do not do well with changes to windows 8, because they don't have programmed these to support it.

You should also try to run your other viewers in compatiblity mode and see if that helps (right click the exe and enable the compatiblity mode to any former OS version: W7 / Vista etc)

If none of the above helps, use the forums search there are many entries about windows 8.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.