How do We fix a problem with accessing your site. My Graphics are fully up to date

Manfred Effingham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to Log-In to the site. Sucess, but I can't get into Second-Life. Ran the latest SL-Viewer, but it is telling me that my drivers Etc are either not up to date or something else is a problem. Don't know. I have a  Computer: Dell Dimension C-521 with: Windows: MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3, Graphics: COMPAQ P900 (1024x768@60Hz) 128MB GeForce 6150 LE (Dell) Graphics Driver version: 307.83 , CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 90nm Technology running at 2 GHertz. Memory: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (6-6-6-18). This memory speed will change from 400MHz to 800MHz when I upgrade my Opperating System to Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Web Browser Firefox 3.6.27. I am not upgrading past this version as the newer versions of Firefox no longer allow me to use some Add-Ons that add UserAccessibility that I have no access to thse beyond my present Firefox version. This is my present Configuration.

1 answer to this question

Manfred,

I won;t sugar coat this for you. Your [6 or 7 year old] PC is inadequate for SL. Period.

It's claim to fame in it's day was an AMD dual-core processor. Changing the OS will not increase the memory speed on that PC. Graphics processor power is what SL is all about these days.

It's time to get a new PC.

There are some Graphics card upgrades that will fit in this model but none of them will be blazing fast nor offer the visual quality you would be looking for. I know, I retired my Dell C-251 dell 3 years ago.

In regards to your defiant attitude about not upgrading your Mozilla Firefox internet browser to the current version 20, we call  people with this attitude "infected" - That's because your PC is probably being attached and infected with Trojan Horses & browse-by hijacking daemons. There are secure & safe add-ons for EVERY need available for version 20 of Firefox.

You can use one of the text only clients if you wish to access SecondLife as is. They can be found here: Third Party Viewer Directory

In regards to your plea in your other post that Linden Research should and I quote "Why don't you have a program that is compatible with older computers, or graphics not presently in your requirements list?" ...

Linden Research is making visually immersive and encompassing software to make social interaction more compelling. That requires investment in your PC to achieve.  If you only want to chat, head over to FaceBook or some other chat room offering. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.