Beta Viewer White Screen on Mac

Driftwood Miles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since late yesterday I have been unable to log into SL using the latest BETA Download on my imac. When I open the client all I get is a white screen. I even have to use "force quit" to shut it down. All other clients work fine but as I want to use MESH it is a little frustrating.

I have tried rebooting, uninstall reinstall etc with no luck.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I once had this too. I then discovered (how obvious) both Beta as Regular viewer shared the same cache. I created a seperate folder in Library/Caches and in Library/Application Support for the Beta viewer and then reinstalled both. Then fired up both viewers to make sure both followed the right path. Never seen the issue since then.

• 1 year later...

Well this usually depends. Im actually at a Disney hotel and it they require you log into their system. Second Life was working fine for a few days but then when their server wouldnt let me log in, Second Life wouldnt load and it gave me that white blank screen and then i had to force quit (im using a mac). I also noticed when you right click on the icon, it said "Appilication error" or something like that. So my guess it's the Service. Hope this helps :matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.