3DS Max Design not exporting Face ID's

Bentley Squeegee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there,

It has been some time since I posted on here, but I have been doing some searches around to try and find a solution to this problem and I am yet to find one...

I have recently swapped my SL mesh building over to 3DS Max Design 2013 as this is what I am most comfortable with when doing architecural renders for clients.

However, I have hit an issue with the workflow and I cant for the life of me work it out. Essentially I can assign texture id's and put the corresponding multi-sub material on the item ready for export. However when I import the mesh into secondlife, it withholds either none of the faces, or completely borks entirely, and gives me face id numbers that are not selectable.

I was wondering if someone may well have come across this issue before and may be able to shine some light on it for me.

With regards

Bentley

Did you download the 2013.2 or 2013.3 version of the fbx plugin? V2 always works for me. I think the 2013.1 version had the same issues as all 2012 versions.

There were also people having issues with spaces in material names, so try to avoid those.

Also put a material on the object. I don't think DAE files include any ID information, just material information. So if you don't have any assigned (or not all of them) you could end up with missing selectable faces.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.