Abandoned land, why such a mess?

Marishka Ixito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has probably/maybe been discussed before, but why on earth doesn't LL  have a standard routine to reset the landsettings for a parcel when it's abandoned to something desirable, like either

a. no rezzing for anyone, no object entry, automatic object return after 5 mins (to clean up leftover junk at the time of abandoning), or

b. rezzing for anyone (nice when it's put up for sale, to be able to see if a house fits), object entry allowed, but autoreturn after 5 mins (or 10 or whatever)

As it is now, there's plenty abandoned land around with a huge bunch of clutter in it, diminishing the fun for neighbouring landowners.

Is it really so hard to add a little routine to the server software that checks the land settings when abandoned?

Same goes for land that's not abandoned, but owned by a non-performing group (no tier donation in place), can't be so hard to autoreset those to "abandoned, for sale"?

I knew about how newly abandoned land is put up for sale again immediately.

What I don't understand is why clearing older abandoned land needs to be a manual proces. How hard can it be to put a few lines of code in the server software to check parcels that are abandoned and clear those?

Me is non geek, maybe I underestimate the needed change to the software, but it sounds easy to me.

Same with regard to checking land held by groups that don't have a tier donation in place

kind regards,

Marishka

• 5 weeks later...

The main prob is how to distinguish between parcels both owned by Governor Linden. One parcel being the road or other public space and the other kind being a parcel abandoned to the Governor by a resident previous to the program start date.

For a program to clean up the previous, someone would have to make a list of the parcel locations and/or set a marker in the land name or description that the program could use to identify which to clear and reset for sale and which to leave alone.

LL prob worked out that if someone is going to have to do this then they might as well clear and reset the land theselves while they there and deal with any other issues not factored into the program.

The Linden people doing this are pretty good about things, they systematically working their way across the grid and also re-assigning the public parcels to the LDPW. If you on a sim with some of these kinds parcels that they not got to yet then just AR Governor Linden as derelict owner of parcel, and a Linden will come and fix it up usually within a day or so. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.