How to Hide RLV Commands When The Target Avatar Has No RLV Relay

Asimos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't understand the question.  

Normally, when relays are involved, the object trying to send the command to the target's viewer will be speaking to the avatar's relay using the RLV relay channel, -1812221819.   Most people, too, will use llRegionSayTo(targetID, RlvRelayChannel, message).    So I don't understand what anyone who isn't wearing a relay is going to see.

What are you trying to hide, and from whom or what?

I think he meant the llOwnerSay line which is being displayed in chat like any other llOwnerSay if RLV is off completely, which would still be displayed even with a relay.

And I don't think it's possible to prevent it from being displayed at least once (to check if RLV is on or not), you can only filter it out once the script knows it's off. I haven't checked the RLV updates in a while though, so I could be wrong.

I wondered about that, but if he's not wearing a relay, he's not going to see any llOwnerSay messages from it.

You're probably right -- it makes sense, though it's quite a jump from "seeing messages when I'm not wearing a relay" to "seeing messages when I am, in fact, wearing a relay but I don't have RLV turned on".   I've stopped trying to guess what people mean when they ask scripting questions that make no sense, though.  If the OP wants to clarify the question, then doubtless he will do.

You're right, of course.   If you're not using a viewer with RLV turned on, the viewer doesn't know to intercept llOwnerSay messages starting with @.    The only work round I can think of is to have the relay (or other RLV-enabled attachment) issue an @versionnew call when attached, and turn itself off if it doesn't get a reply. 

That's risky, though, because it can take a long time for the viewer to be able to respond after you first log in, so I think waiting for at least a minute after the on_rez event before running any checks is probably a wise precaution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.