Sparkle Fabric

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm attempting to build my own wedding veil based on one that I saw with a dress (that I can't afford...) It was a plain sheer white with sparkles in it, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how it was done.

If it's the creator's personal texture then I don't mind giving up, but if it's some kind of a PSP trick or an effect in-world I'd like to know how it's done!

It's surprisingly hard to find a nice veil sold by itself. :(

Thank you!
~ Ophelia

If it is what I think you are describing, it is done with a texture that consists of random very tiny white dots of just a couple pixels on an alpha background.  When applied to the prim the repeats are set at a very high number in the hundreds depending on the effect you are seeking.  Full bright works best here. The result is a glittering or sparkling effect that changes as you move.  It can be used alone, or applied as an overlay on a separate prim that is linked to the under layer depending on the look you are seeking.

I think that's it... going to give it a test and see how I do. :/ I tried the demo on again, and I was actually a bit wrong with my original post - the background of the sparkle is clear like you described. Thank you, I'll let you know how it goes!

I have designed a sequins material that some advanced designers are starting to use in their clothing. This will react to the angle of the sun and sparkle just like real sequins:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sequin-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Material-Collection/6305288

I've also made a sparkles material:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/16-Sparkles-Textures-Full-Perm-DT-Material-Collection/6210891

I realise you said you were on a budget. But I thought I'd explain some of the posibilities of how they are doing this. 

Have fun with your wedding :catvery-happy:

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.