how do I report someone that has hacked my sl account and my dashboard?

Shine Bluestar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My so called rl bestfriend and sl bestie has hacked into my sl account and my sl dashboard. She deleted most of my friends on my friend list and changed my display name on my dashboard to something not flattering and I want to know if there is any way at all that i can change my display name back, like can linden labs override the 7 day rule? Her name is caillteana. My name is Shine Bluestar. We got into a fight in rl and so i guess she thought she would fix me by hacking into both my sl account and my dashboard. I can get my friends back...but I would like if there is any way that I can change my display name on my dashboard wihtout waiting for the a week. I have already changed my password on my dash board and sl account.

2 answers to this question

She did not "hack" you. Nobody can "hack" you in SL. You probably shared your account information with her, right? Never ever do that again. You can be glad that she only did silly stuff to you, instead of doing more serious damage. You can file an AR on her, but there is no option to set a new displayname right now, you could just delete the displayname entirely and then be without one for a week, I believe.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.