PEOPLE STEAL WITHOUT FEAR

Milya Rover

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HI:  Is correct to rent a Land then to take my money and be kicked out prematurely for no reason?I understand that this happens in real life,we can make these thefts do not happen again?to be helped must have premium account?with or without premium account, invest time and money.who take action against those who rent lands just to take the money by selling the land to other people?...............(rent a land, you always pay the fair,build a store,then find that the Land was sold to another person ,for them it did not matter it was still my place,I was given a notcard they write..(Sorry you lost money and Land does not exist DEXLER)...is that possible?people put money in their pocket and go?If this business is legal,means that I can do myself and anyone,and the game turns into thieves game.Forgive me, a good day all.

2 answers to this question

You're pretty much correct that this is a common problem.

The only realistic way to prevent it from happening is for new users seeking homes to do research on companies claiming to rent land cheaply. This does put some restrictions on new landowners who cannot 'prove' that they're legitimate. This also puts unreasonable pressure onto new users who may not realise that L$ investments are completely unsecured.

Unfortunately we (as users, like yourself) cannot prevent this from happening again, it has been happening for at least as long as I've been in SL (nearly 7 years) and it will continue to happen for a lot longer. The only ways of preventing this from occuring require steps that Second Life's platform operators will never undertake.

Remember that L$ are not money; you have not lost real money - L$ are pretend, and your real money was invested into the platform. As a result, no-one owes you a refund.

Lo siento mucho por usted Artemis. Por desgracia, estas malas conductas han existido desde el comienzo mismo de SL. Este es uno de los riesgos para alquilar en una zona privada. Los propietarios tienen todos los derechos, incluidos los de expulsión, vender sus tierras o residentes prohibición, por cualquier razón, o, a veces sin ninguna razón en absoluto.
Siento tener que decir que no hay nada que puedas hacer al respecto, porque LL considerar esto como una disputa privada entre residentes y no interfieran.
Tal vez usted debería considerar la posibilidad de actualizar a Premium y renta de la tierra en el continente. Allí, usted tendrá que pagar el alquiler directamente a LL y no será expuesto a la mala conducta de algún propietario privado.
Le deseo la mejor de las suertes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.