Good evening, all.
I am very new to SL, and I am wanting to learn more about the breedable system. Specifically, I am looking for information regarding the Amaretto horses and the BioBreeds Ponies/Exotics.
What follows is a bit of what I am looking for in a breedable. At this point, the horse types seem to have the most traits and colors. From what I have been able to find, the most notable are Amaretto horses and BioBreeds Ponies/Exotics. However, if anyone else has any other suggestions that would fit well with the below criteria, please feel free to suggest a different breedable.
1. First and foremost, I am not looking to get into breedables right away. I want to get to know SL and the community first. I am simply seeking to learn so that, when the time comes for my breedable project to commence, I will know where and how to start.
2. I am looking for a breedable with a lot of color/texture/pattern variety.
3. I am looking for a breedable type with a lot of traits to explore.
4. I am looking for a breeding system that works via an isolated genetics system vs. one that is based on a random number generator (RNG) system. This does not have to be confined to Mendalian genetics. However, I am looking for a system where the traits can be paired in some way so that the breeder can have at least some idea of what they will get over time as a given genetic line becomes more defined.
5. I am looking for a breedable that has some market value. While I am not wanting to get into breedables for the monetary side of it, I would like to know that I could put my stock up at an auction, on the secondary market, etc. with some hope of it being recognized as something that people may be seeking. Generally, more people have interest in horses as compared to pet snowflakes , for examples *laughs*. Responsible breeding practices as no breeder keeps everything that is produced, obviously. There are no guarantees in this market, just like any other, I understand that...I am speaking in generalities with this point.
6. I would like to learn to make accessories/buildings as part of this breedable project, so the breedable type will need to be allowable to that.
7. I am looking for information (a comparison) between Amaretto Horses and Biobreeds Ponies/Exotics.
Hopefully, the above will offers a clear idea of what I am looking for. If I am missing an important point, feel free to let me know.
Thank you for your time and consideration. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.