Is this new?

Senkiya Zsun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What viewer (build number) is that?

When they fixed the bug that was requiring materials for the physics mesh, they accidentally re-introduced the old requirement for the same number of materials on the LOD meshes. Before that it was only required that the lower LODs have a subset of the same materials (names) as the highest LOD. Perhaps they have fixed that so that it is a subset again. The jira for this doesn't indicate any progress though. Does it actually upload? It seems strange that the red crosses stay there if it is accepting these lower LOD meshes.

I'm using the same viewer since December."Second Life 3.2.5 (245937) Nov 30 2011 13:43:09 (Second Life Development)"

And yes, it uploads and is correct.

And yes it still tells me LODS have a diff number of texturable faces and crosses them.

Update: yes I managed to upload it on the main mesh too. :smileyvery-happy:

:smileysurprised: Oh dear, you have unearthed a bag of worms here!

With Second Life 3.2.8 (248931) Feb  9 2012 09:04:17 (Second Life Release), I do get the error message that goes with the red crosses. It says the lods have different number of materials, but I can still upload it.  Same on Aditi and Agni.

However, the LOD behaviour is not as it should be. After it switches to the low LOD, with only one instead of two textures (I am using the test cubes from the jira; CuM1M2, CuM1, CuM2, CuM2 at 4 LODs), the whole thing becomes one material, as expected, but it does not switch back to two when the LOD goes back to high. I can still select each face, but now they both have the same texture/color that was on the low LOD. I have either to reapply them, or rerez, or relog to get the two textures back (or sit on it!).

Furthermore, if I apply a texture/color at the lower LODs, to either of the materials (i.e. at medium or lowest LOD, then that gets applied to both faces at the high LOD. That is certainly not the behaviour I would expect. It's as if it is losing the multiple high LOD material slots' content entirely when it switches LOD. Oh dear - time for another jira, I suppose.

One of those too-good-to-be-true moments then, sigh: :matte-motes-confused::catlol:

Update: I did a few tests and they pretty much concur everything you said.

I couldn't reproduce the odd behaviour at first until I realized even a renderVolLODFactor of 1.0 wasn't making the LOD flip (it's quite a big object).

In the meantime, I'd changed to Catznip to check what that viewer made of it, and the mere fact of changing viewers borked the high LOD material faces too (until I sat down LOL).

Also, when I changed back to the Dev viewer, another strange thing happened, though I haven't been able to repeat it: not just the wrong texture was displayed but the rotation and offset parameters were changed to those of the "false" material too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.