Why do I look cross eyed all of the sudden? I noticed it a couple of days ago.

Folie Adored

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use Phoenix and was thinking it might be a viewer problem, but when I tried all of the viewers, including SL Viewer2, I was still cross eyed. Anyone else dealing with this? It's incredibly frustrating. I've tried going into editing appearance and rebaking, but neither helped. I also tried different eyes and switching back, but that also did nothing.

I cleared all cache and that seemed to help! I did it through edit > preferences. Cleared cache, inventory cache, and browser cache. Then I relogged. Thank you so much for the information!

UPDATE: It still looks like it may be there every once in a while. I'd follow the instructions, but I'm so afraid of deleting something I shouldn't. =/ I'm going to have to look into it though, because the cache definitely has played a part in this.

3 answers to this question

Hello Folie and welcome to SL Forums. It is a bug. I have long time to hear or read about it. Here is a very old jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-1203 The only i can suggest is to clear manually your cache (out of SL and having your viewer closed) and relog. To do that delete all contests at the following folders:

• C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife (you can except only the folder with your name into the forlder SecondLife in order to save your chat and im logs coping it somewhere else in your hard disk
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

If the problem remains, open a new jira and report the bug there --> +Create issue (on the right). There usually you get an official answer by the Lindens.

Till to fix the problem an idea is to wear sunglasses. Good luck.

• Like 1

Folie Adored wrote: I cleared all cache and that seemed to help! I did it through edit > preferences. Cleared cache, inventory cache, and browser cache. Then I relogged. Thank you so much for the information!

______________________________________________________________________________________

You are welcome! Glad to hear that you fixed that!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.