Fix for relay instructions error for AE Works Housecontrol 2.0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am posting the correct instructions for how to make the AE Works relay plugin work properly due to bad instructions.

If you have a door linkset and the House control panel which is not linked to the door linkset

1) place a slave plugin in the door linkset and in the House control MENU linkset
2) place a slave plugin in the House control panel linkset
3) place a master in the door linkset
3) place a master in the House control MENU linkset

Now the relay will send a 2 way conversation and the House control MENU will see that the door is there to control and the door linkset will react to the chat sent from the House control MENU

• 1 year later...

For anyone struggling with the AE Worx Housecontrol 2.x relay plugin, here are some additional tips that aren't covered in the documentation, plus a correction to OutreStyle's message above.

The correct order for using the master and slave relay scripts is as follows:

1. Put a slave relay script inside of each link set which is to be controlled. You'll see the message "Waiting for channel reset..." after placing each slave script. IMPORTANT: See additional notes below. The AE Worx instructions say that the placement of the scripts isn't important, but that's totally wrong, it matters a lot!
  2. Quickly put the master relay script into the same linkset that contains the control panel. Do NOT put the script inside of the control panel or any other prim that contains AE Worx plugins, it won't work properly! (See below) 
  3. Wait for the master and slave relay scripts to establish a connection. You'll see it say "You'll see the message "A.E. Relay Master PLUGIN: > READY!", followed by "A.E. Relay Slave PLUGIN: > READY!" for each slave relay that you placed.
  4. Once the relays have synced up, you may need to reset your control panel. Click on it, press OPTIONS then RESET ALL. Once that's done, you should then be able to control the other linksets fine. If you cannot, see the notes below, chances are you did something wrong.

Other important rules to make relays work properly:

1. Do NOT put the slave or master relay scripts into any prim which contains another AE Worx plugin, including the main control panel or remote control panels. For whatever reason, this causes problems, and prevents the controller(s) from seeing any prims containing plugins. Home builders, I recommend you use your floor to contain the master relay plugin
  2. Door link sets: if you are using door link sets that are separate from the rest of the building, where you put the slave relay is very important. Be sure you have a pivot prim (this must be the root prim) and a door panel prim. The swing door plugin must go inside of the pivot prim, as the script always rotates the root prim, in this case the pivot prim. Be sure you put the slave relay inside of the DOOR PANEL, NOT inside of the pivot prim, as this will keep the door from working properly, specifically it won't lock/unlock correctly. (See above).

I didn't need to do the "two way" setup that is mentioned above; when I did try that, I was getting a nasty recursive reset by the controller. If you do things properly, you just need one slave relay script for each link set to be controlled, and one master relay script in the same link set as your control panel. That's it.

The AE Worx documentation usually sucks, so I hope this helps somebody some day.

Cheers!

Zebotnik Sputnik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.