Looking for a default standard Avatar Mesh and Skeleton

Cathy Foil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What I would like is a Maya ma file, preferably in Maya 8.0 or older format, that has the standard default female avatar mesh and the standard SL skeleton positioned and sized exactly as they are used in world.

I have found both of these things separately but I can only guess at the relative size and placement of the avatar mesh to the avatar skeleton.

I don't need it weighted but it sure be great if the mesh was weighted exactly the same as the regular avatar mesh is in SL.

The reason I want this is so when I make Mesh clothing I will know exactly where the edges of the avatars mesh will be so I can fit clothing and other accessories perfectly.

When Qarl gets done with the new mesh deformer my creations will fit any avatar shape perfectly.

I love to have the male avatar mesh and skeleton as well but the female one is most important to me right now.

I seriously been searching this forum and the archives for 4 or 5 hours now.  Any help would be much appreciated. :D

I wish LL could set up a page the we all could contribute files to supply all the needed templates and meshes for people to get started with their particual program and version.

Cathy Foil wrote:

I wish LL could set up a page the we all could contribute files to supply all the needed templates and meshes for people to get started with their particual program and version.

I guess that's what the mesh wiki is for. I haven't edited it or added anything to it so I could be wrong :)

I've also only found the skeleton and model in separate files so I can't help you there. I wish LL themselves would provide some more files for the creators and also some more documentation.

Thanks for responding CashMoneyMan.  I was starting to think no one ever would. :)

I am pretty sure that the default mesh was created and weighted using Maya.  So LL should have the files someplace.

If LL would just post them I am sure it wouldn't take long for others to convert them to other platforms so everyone could benefit.  It really surprises me that this already hasn't happen.

I was hoping that, even after 5 or 6 hours of searching, I just happened not to have found them and someone on the forum would just point me to them.

Anyway thanks again for replying to my posting. :)  If I ever find them I will post here again to make it easier for others searching to find them.

P.S. If by some miracle LL is listening and posts the files please save them as ma files not mb.  "ma" files can be edited in a word processor so that they can be opened up by older versions of Maya.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.