Skin-making tutorials using GIMP

Markusblade453

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 years later...

I have searched high and low for the same type of tutorial. There is not really anything. A couple of quickies with no voice. So that isnt helpful. And of course alot of arrogant ones saying just search for it like duh I didn't try that first? LOL or just use photoshop (ummm you did ask about GIMP) or oh my favorite just wtch photoshop and figure out how to do the same thing in gimp. It is so eeeeasy ;) ANd of course instead of saying no or not responding ask you well you didn't supply enough info... OK your question is... is there any useful video tutorials on how to make skin in gimp? I know gimp extremely well and can make clothes and tats and fix crappy alphas like no tomorrow but I can not make a good skin in gimp and have looked for years to find a good post and tutorial in it. If you really reeeeally want to learn to make skins? Your best off sucking it up and learning ps and hoping you find a good tutorial with someone who forgot how hard it was with their first skin. As you know most pros in ps think it is easy LOL but there really are some good teachers out there ;) good luck!

• 1 year later...

I went  throught the same thing. Then I got smart and started asking anyone that made skins. Like Redgrave, Noya, etc. and asked tehm if they would mind an apprentice/helper. and they were more than willing to take me on, as i would save them time doing things while they did something else and I would learn in the process. You should try it and don't be scared to ask questions they welcome them....smiles. I am almost halfway finished with my first skin!!! Can;t wait to finishe it YAY!!!

Hope this helps...

smiles

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.