Flashing Graphics

Aileen Zessinthal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying very hard to switch to V2 for a long time now, I have.  But up until now, I have to get back to my V1.  So I decided to make the plunge again to V2 because I would really like to keep up with the times, plus wear all that neat tattoo stuff I can't in V1, lol.

I am a completely un-techy person, so please forgive the description of my problem.  The graphics or visuals of my viewer keep "flashing", breaking up, blocking any real view or enjoyment.  Is it a problem with my computer abilities?  Or is there something I can do on my viewer to fix that?  I simply can't stay in V2 if I have to keep looking at this, and it impairs my ability to create, as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm a first time log in today and having the flashing issue as well. Here are my specs from the About Second Life GUI. (an example of flashing is like the "Copy to Clipboard" button on this GUI constantly highlighting/un-highlighting)

I also get the media_plugin_webkit failed error AND have only gotten past "Connecting to Region" once (which resulted in flickering graphics and unable to move, etc.)

Second Life 3.2.0 (244443) Nov  3 2011 12:20:43 (Second Life Release)
[ReleaseNotes]

CPU: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor (2400.21 MHz)
Memory: 8185 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit  (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.8026
OpenGL Version: 4.1.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600

Just to reply to myself and give anyone else some advice  . . . on the suggestion of a friend I went to www.nvidia.com (my graphics driver is nvidia) and pushed the button there for an automatic scan to see what driver update I needed.  Then I installed their recommendation.

So basically, I updated my graphics drivers and now the flashing is gone.

But I was so un-techy I didn't even know about graphics drivers until speaking with my friend.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.