Hi -- for several weeks I have not had all inventory load up. Clearing cache etc. doesn't work.

Amberjack Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi -- for several weeks I have not had my inventory loadt up -- it falls short right at about the same number every time leaving out about 4000 -5000 items.   This happens regardless of which viewer I use.  I have already tried clearing cahe and relogging in a non-lag area -- twice.  LLlabs is not giving me an option to report this kind of problam since I do not have a "premium" account.  

What can I do to fix this?

2 answers to this question

Hello Amberjack and welcome to SL Forums. The official link in wiki is here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss  However give one more try to clear your cache manually (out of SL and having the viewer closed).

1) Delete all contests at the following folders (for Windows Vista of 7). If your OS is different please post back here editing for your post (Options --> Edit) let us know about:

• C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
  • C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Remarks: 

• Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)
  • If you want to keep your private conversations which are saved in your computer, copy the folder with your nickname to another position in your hard disk. The folder is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ amberjack_kidd
  • If you have more than 1 viewers installed you must to do the same with all, following the same paths in your hard disk. For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer , C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Firestorm , etc

2)Restart your computer and try to log in a quiet sim. Smith (or Exeuxoa or Anzere) is a protected land which is recommended.

(About Windows paths: C:\ = Your hard disk, you find it if you open "My computer". Where you see backslash, follows a folder into the previous one)

3)Stay there under the water, open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. During this process (downloading), avoid to do something else like teleporting, chatting, moving etc. and also to run other applications. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds and rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat if it is necessary.

4)If you don't fix the problem this way, then obviously is relative with your inventet connection. Log out, power down your modem / router leting it closed for at least 2-3 mins. Restart your computer, power on, log in again in Smith or Exeuxoa and repeat step 3. If still the problem remains, contact your ISP in real to confirm if there is a problem with your line and if so, ask for support.

Good luck.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.