Python error when trying to export rigged mesh.

Bongo Steampunk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK... I managed once, and once only after weeks of headbanging, to make a mesh avi and having dancing in SL, he was basic, no fingers or toes, like a stick man.

I made him with Zbrush and exported him as OBJ. I had subdivided him 4 or so times, so he was very high poly, therefore i decimated him [with decimation master] to be much smaller, around 16k polys.

imported him into Blender 4.9b, lined him up with the standard SL skeleton/armature, selected first the mesh, then the bones... ctrl+p to parent to armature, then by bone weight. Exported successfully as collada 1.41

Imported him into Aditi test grid, and all went well... i was wearing my first mesh avi.. YAY!

now i cannot do it again. I make a similar mesh model and when i rig it in blender and try to export the collada i get an error in python console

attributerror: 'nonetype' object has no attribute 'name'

anyone know why this is?

I must have tried every permutation of export from Zbrush.. UV's unwrapped or not... decimated or not... lowest poly count... etc etc... but always the export collada in blender fails at same point with above error.

HELP! PLEASE!!

[pulls at remaining hair]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.