Need Blender Help ( Rigging Mesh )

Dain Shan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all

Well today i must admit defeat.
Yeah really im stuck really badly and i dosent know what i do wrong, so i thought it may be a good idea to ask here.

Ok here it comes.
I know how to create a mesh and also i gasp the concept of Rigging a mesh.
I already successfully rigges a pair of Boots and also i learned how to use the weight painting feature to apply non standart rigging in Blender
All that in 2.59.

So i created a pair of Pants, the same way i did with my Boots. But after finishing and uploading im kinda stunned, the rigging diddnt worked the way that i expected. I already worked one week on finding any errors and looking at various tutorials ( not that there are many for weight painting ) and still .. well i better show you

So after messing around i decided to upload one half of the Modell to illustrate my Point.

After Uplading the right leg. You can see the follwing result.

RightOne.jpg

All is smooth the rigged transition is very clean and im OK with that result.
So i applied a Mirror Mod in Blender ( as i did with the Shoes before ) and exported and uploaded the entire Modell. That worked well with the shoes, but now with the pants .. well look for yourself.

Wrong1.jpg

As you can see, i suddenly get a distortion on the right leg. I was surprised because in the Weight Paint mode in Blender i tried all possible movements of the bone and limbs and it worked flawless.

To my even GREATER surprise the new left Leg now is absolutely fine. O.o

Wrong2.jpg

Anyone an idea why this happens?

Also if i delete the right leg in Blender and apply a Mirror from the left to the right side, exactly the same happen .. Also the right leg then is distorted. Her i would expect that the left leg .. so the source would be affected
I absoltely have no explanation for this. maybe here someone has an idea?

Thanks in advance
Dain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.