The Horror of Lag! To customers needing help...

Mila Edelman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm actually rather horrified right now. Don't worry, I already contacted the customer to start sorting her issue. But I thought I'd share.

I received an e-mail yesterday with an IM-to-email. Of course, we all get those. This one, however, was special. It appears to have been sent over two months ago. There's no way to tell whether it just hung in my e-mail server for that long, or what. The customer bought something from my store, and apparently not everything was in the box. I always ALWAYS doublecheck boxes and sales boards, to make sure they contain everything they're meant to, however, SL sometimes drops product in transactions, or plain just loses stuff on opening. It's happened to me, too.

To all customers who need to contact merchants, please do realize that most of us are good folks. Few of us are intentionally ignoring you if we don't answer. I, personally, respond as promptly as I get the notification of contact. If you don't hear back within two days, and there's no notice of vacation or anything like that, please do feel free to politely contact us again! I feel terrible that this nice lady was expecting a reply, and I had no way of knowing that she'd sent a message of any kind.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.