Need help logging in,

KadenNamru

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I start up second life and press the log in button. It go's through Logging in, Initializing world, decoding images it loads the connecting to region text, loads clothes, but doesn't get anywhere. As soon as it starts to connect to region it exits and brings up crash logger box appears saying Crash Logger has stopped working... I have tried changing start region and it had no effective even went to the length of taking my computer back to it's original manufactures model and down loaded Second Life again... Still will not let me log in. It repeats this very same thing every time I try to log in.Every time I log in the crash Logger stops working and windows says deem searching for a solution, but non ever comes. Furthermore I am new to all of this... I do have my logs if you need them. No need to be rude to me we all have to start somewhere.

8 answers to this question

You're working on 25 1/2 hours and four threads not including this one about the exact same problem:

I'm pretty sure you are feeling a little neglected by everyone here.  Think of the help you might have received (not to mention all the time in-world you might have had instead of composing threads about a problem you are having).  All it would have taken is some computer specs and some consistent description of the problem you are having.  All everyone knows is that you are having some problems.  It appears you cannot log in.  It also appears that you might be crashing...........but that is not exactly how you have described the problem.  Usually there is a reason why a program crashes (actually there always is a reason).  You haven't told one thing about your computer, yet you've been asked at least twice (once by me).  I see you have 7 posts in the forums.......and 5 are threads about the same problem.  It would help a bunch if you would answer some of the questions that have been asked of you.............and that might actually lead to a solution to your problem.

If you want help with your problem you need to help a little yourself.  If you just want to gripe the carry on......I'll start ignoring your threads.

• Like 1

It might be a Bug.

You could try to use an alternate Viewer, a link to a list.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Alternate_viewers#non-linden

I'm not sure if there is a way to deactivate the crash logger, I don't think there is. It should work automatically and is a sort of silent operation. I don't recall seeing sl/crashlogger in my firewall's allowed access.

Maybe another Resident here has a solution.  

Hi Peggy! :smileywink:

If Kaden said to send the crash log then it probably sent. There is usually no indication other than the dialog closes. The second message (which is how I read Kaden's post) is a Windows message............and Windows cannot find a solution (not unusual at all since I've never had Windows find a solution for anything of significance). The crash logger is not the problem........it's the crash.

Oh..............hi back. :)

This is why I keep making new ones on here... otherwise you get no response... what other kind of info do you need to help me get logged back in... been off for an entire week now and I have a business to run... not to mention I just paid 4 weeks rental... who is going to reimburse me for time and money for not being there? what a waste... and yes I am complaining... I have every right to feel this way...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.