Problem with Display Name

Melody Arlington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have searched the web and up and down the forums and the solution to this problem doesnt seem to work for me (people are told to copy/cut paste).  Maybe I am missing something.  So I decided to change my Display Name.  Nothing too crazy.  Still looks normal with a few ascii characters that are actually readable.  Each and every time I try to save it, I get the message "The display name you wish to set contains invalid characters".  They are not crazy characters, I have seen plenty of other people using them - they are mostly ones with accents over them.  I am using viewer 2 and am not a premium member.  I have no clue why this isn't working.  I have tried to copy, cut, paste, create using the ascii codes directly into the display name box and nothing.  Any body have any ideas?  What am I missing or are unaware of?  :matte-motes-confused:

I have searched the web and up and down the forums and the solution to this problem doesnt seem to work for me (people are told to copy/cut paste).  Maybe I am missing something.  So I decided to change my Display Name.  Nothing too crazy.  Still looks normal with a few ascii characters that are actually readable.  Each and every time I try to save it, I get the message "The display name you wish to set contains invalid characters".  They are not crazy characters, I have seen plenty of other people using them - they are mostly ones with accents over them.  I am using viewer 2 and am not a premium member.  I have no clue why this isn't working.  I have tried to copy, cut, paste, create using the ascii codes directly into the display name box and nothing.  Any body have any ideas?  What am I missing or are unaware of?  :matte-motes-confused:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.