Best Skins in SL??

Kmere1488304000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's an excellent illustration and comparison, Tay, and aptly highlights the importance of getting many demos to try before purchasing.  Even if you love a skin but not the way your mouth looks or the shape of your eyes, pop into Edit Appearance and tweak until you have the look you want.  Save that shape and you have a shape for that line of skins. 

• 1 year later...

I do the same that Amethyst does, try on the barest version of a demo. That's usually the one I buy, ever since tattoo cosmetic layers, I can't tell you how much I've saved on buying skins because I change my look a few times a week. My current favorite skins are by Pulse (I have several Pulse skins in different tones), DrLife, Skin Within, Tuty's, and Al Vulo. Very rarely I'll wear Chaisuki and Redgrave.

Another poster is spot on when she says shape plays a role in how a skin looks, though I do have a friend of 5 years here who manages to look almost the same regardless of how she changes her shape and skin.

As to best, meh, much is made of "realistic" skins and for those, I think Redgrave is good with details like hair follicles and veins but nowadays the trend in "realistic" tends to be for visible pores and a lot of shine. SL is a cartoon, I find that hyper realism in SL tends to stand out like a sore thumb, but other people love it.

Its funny, looking over some of the brands others have mentioned, I think UGH I wouldn't be caught dead in that skin, LOL and I'm sure others look at mine and think EWWWW you have GOT to be kidding. That's the funny thing about shopping for skins, one person's gold is another's dross and vice versa.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.