dialog & lists

Tabris Daxter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey again.

the problem i'm now having is somewhat related to Strided List Trouble.

here is the updated code.

list NCnames;
list type;
list catagory;
list scenename;
list btnlvl1 = ["scene","on","off"];
list output = [];
key toucherID;
integer diagchan;
integer Ldiag;
scene_lst()
{
    NCnames = [];
    integer numNC = llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_NOTECARD);
    integer x = 0;
    while (x < numNC)
    {
        NCnames += llParseString2List(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_NOTECARD,x++),["."],[]);
    }

integer NClstlen = llGetListLength(NCnames);
    integer i = 0;
    while (i < NClstlen)
    {
        type += llList2String(NCnames,i++);
        catagory += llList2String(NCnames,i++);
        scenename += llList2String(NCnames,i++);
    }
}

list ListUnique( list lAll ) 
{
    integer i;
    list lFiltered = llList2List(lAll, 0, 0);
    integer iAll = llGetListLength( lAll );
    for (i = 1; i < iAll; ++i) {
        if ( llListFindList(lFiltered, llList2List(lAll, i, i) ) == -1 ) {
            lFiltered += llList2List(lAll, i, i);
        }
    }
    return lFiltered;
}

{
    state_entry()
    {
       diagchan = -1000;
       Ldiag = llListen(diagchan,"","","");
       scene_lst();
    }

touch_start(integer badtouch)
    {
        toucherID = llDetectedKey(0);
        llDialog(toucherID,"HI ALL",btnlvl1,diagchan);
        llSetTimerEvent(30);                      
    }

listen(integer chan, string name, key id, string msg)
    {
        if (chan == diagchan)
        {
            integer menulvl1 = llListFindList(btnlvl1,[msg]);
            integer menulvl2 = llListFindList(catagory,[msg]);
            integer menulvl3 = llListFindList(scenename,[msg]);

if (menulvl1 != -1)
            {                
                if (llList2String(btnlvl1, menulvl1) == msg)
                {   
                    output += [msg];
                    llDialog(toucherID,llList2String(btnlvl1, menulvl1),ListUnique(catagory),diagchan);
                    llSetTimerEvent(30);
                    llSay(0,(string)llGetListLength(output));
                }
            }
            else if (menulvl2 != -1)
            {             
             if (llList2String(catagory, menulvl2) == msg)
                {   
                    output += [msg];
                    llDialog(toucherID,llList2String(catagory, menulvl2),ListUnique(scenename),diagchan);
                    llSetTimerEvent(30);
                }

}
            else if (menulvl3 != -1)
            {             
             if (llList2String(scenename, menulvl3) == msg)
                {   
                    output += [msg];
                    llSay(0,llDumpList2String(output,"."));
                    llSetTimerEvent(5);

}

}
        }
    }

timer()
    {
        llListenRemove(Ldiag);
        llSetTimerEvent(0);
    }
}

notecard NAMES are in the format of scene.beach.palm tree & scene.city.hotel etc etc

one of my current problems is one i've been having with another semi-related project too.

it will run through the dialog sequence (lvl1 > lvl2 > lvl3 >> output) but will not run through again without resetting the script.

the second problem is that the lvl3 menu is just the scenename list (i know it's coded this way ATM)

i need some way of filtering it based on the output of the lvl2 menu

well the reason it needs reset is because you remove the listen, but never restart it (it's only in state entry)

as for the other problem, it depends on how much control of the encoding you have.

the way I've handled submenus like this in the past is to encode a number with each menu, that is the starting index of the next levels options. when getting that command I read the index for the for the current command, and the one after it, and use those indexes to find the range option to pull from the next levels list... it ends up looking something like....

vLst1a = ["a", "b"];
vLst1b = [0, 2];
vLst2a = ["a-1", "a-2", "b-1", "b-2];
vLst2b = [0, 2, 4, 6];
vLst3x = ["a-1-a", "a-1-b", "a-2-a", "a-2-b", "b-1-a", "b-1-b", b-2-a", "b-2-b"]

if the command is "a", I grab the sam index from the next lists count, "0", and the one after it "2" and subtract 1 from the second number to get a range of "0,1" to pull from the second level menu options to put into the dialog (resulting in ["a-1", "a-2"] being used)

if the command were "b" I would grab "2", and attempting to grab the next index would result in "0", which after we subtract one from just as above, is negative one, giving us a range of "2,-1" which results in ["b-1", "b-2"]

the last level menu never needs a matched list, but I sometime use one to carry out individual actions.

how you build those lists is up to you, and you can actually encode the index numbers with the menu by using spaces or other tricks, but the same principle applies.

• 2 weeks later...

list vLst1a = ["a", "b"];list vLst1b = [0, 2];list vLst2a = ["a-1", "a-2", "b-1", "b-2"];list vLst2b = [0, 2, 4, 6];list vLst3x = ["a-1-a", "a-1-b", "a-2-a", "a-2-b", "b-1-a", "b-1-b", "b-2-a", "b-2-b"];integer gIntChn = -42;default{    touch_end( integer vIntTch ){        llDialog( llDetectedKey( 0 ), "First Level Menu", vLst1a, gIntChn );    }        listen( integer vIntChn, string vStrNom, key vKeySrc, string vStrMsg ){        if (~vIntChn = llListFindList( vLst1a, [vStrMsg] )){            llDialog( vKeySrc, "Second Level Menu", llList2List( vLst2a, llList2Integer( vLst1b, vIntChn ), ~-llList2Integer( vLst1b, ++vIntChn ), gIntChn );        }else if (~vIntChn = llListFindList( vLst2a, [vStrMsg] )){            llDialog( vKeySrc, "Third Level Menu", llList2List( vLst3a, llList2Integer( vLst2b, vIntChn ), ~-llList2Integer( vLst2b, ++vIntChn ), gIntChn );        }else if (~vIntChn = llListFindList( vLst3x, [vStrMsg] )){            llRegionSayTo( vKeySrc, 0, "You Picked " + vStrMsg );        }    }}

if (~variable = function-that-return-an-index) //-- quick way to save an index and test that it's not -1 (which means not found)at the same time

~-number //-- quick hack that means subtract 1 from this number

ETA:

the way I used to build these is to list the menu, then it's options in a notecard with keywords... if it was a menu, add it to the list of menus (1a), and get the current length of submenus list (2a) and add that as an element to to the index finder (1b). if it was an option, add it to the options list.

for more depth you can use different keywords to denote the menu level, or just search to see if the name appears in other levels..... somewhere I have a whole menuing system I built on this premise, with both unlimited depth AND unlimited options, but can't seem to find it.... it's a bit more complex than what's shown here though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.