Can a web server deliver a Notecard to a resident?

Domitan Redenblack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Technically, no.

An external site CAN connect to a webserver object in SL, which has the notecard, and have it 'give' it to a given recipient.  But I have a feeling that isn't what you are looking for.

The external site can pass in a user name, key, and other data so the SL object knows who to send it to, and which one (out of its inventory of notecards) to send.  But this is how a lot of update servers work already.....just with objects , instead of notecards.

You can make a poster that displays a web page.  You can update the web page anytime you want.  You can make the poster wearable, so the person can read it without rez rights.  I have such posters out on Cookie (a sim)   You can get free copies there in the welcome kit.   Here is  post about this:

Posterize your blogs in Second Life

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2011/04/posterize-your-blogs-in-second-life.html

TKR

Thinkerer Melville wrote:

You can make a poster that displays a web page.  You can update the web page anytime you want.  You can make the poster wearable, so the person can read it without rez rights.  I have such posters out on Cookie (a sim)   You can get free copies there in the welcome kit.   Here is  post about this:

TKR

Very cool, Thinkerer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.