Crafting question...

Eveeoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im new to the whole crafting thing and SL in general. So If I misuse terms- well you know.

To my understanding prims are objects or building blocks around that create different things when combined. Like a cube. I also know that areas can only hold so many prims at a time. So I pose a question. When you use prims to create furniture- lets say you used 3 cubes to make something... and you link them together as one object, does it still count as 3 prims in the area prim count or 1 since they're linked?

1 answer to this question

it counts as 3 prims. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Build-Tools/ta-p/700039#Section_.3.1

a note that may or may not be useful; link sets show up in inventory the same way a single prim object does, so how many prims an item has cannot be determined until it is rezzed. when i build stuff i always include the prim count in the link set's name so that when i take it back into inventory i can tell at any given time how many prims it contains, so it doesn't pose a problem when i rez it to find out wth i made :D

have fun creating!

add info/comments to your post by using options > edit.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.