A list of problems...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ever since I updated my SL viewer to the new one, i've been getting a whole host of problems whilst playing, here is a list I've experianced so far;

- Names stop appearing in the chat window so I can't tell who said what, and whenever I look into nearby people and my friends list they all appear as 'loading'
- I cannot IM with people as well as profiles not showing up at all
- Whenever I try teleporting it always crashes my viewer so I have to keep rebooting it

I've cleared my cache, rebooted my computer and router, done them seperately and tried out a few different viewers all to have the same problem arise or the viewer just not working at all.

I'm really getting sick of this, so if anyone can help me solve this problem I would be so grateful!

Windows?  And which windows?

The only advice I have for you if you have anything other than Windows 7 is to go to ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - SYSTEM TOOLS - DISK CLEAN UP and chose run.  If your problems still don't correct, go to ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - SYSTEM TOOLS - DEFRAGMENTER. 

Windows 7 has an automatic defragmenter implanted, so you don't need to defrag with Windows 7 from my understanding.  I don't have Windows 7, so if you do look in your manual and try cleaning up your computer a bit as you may have a disk cleanup even if you have Windows 7.

Once you do a clean up on your computer, it should run better, and then you can figure out where to go from there.  That's the only advice I have for you. 

I uninstalled all viewers I had on my system and then rebooted my computer, after reinstalling the latest viewer I then checked over the prefences like you suggested and it still didn't work.

However for the last two days it has been working only because when the viewer updated itself, I downloaded the new one off the site, kept with the update, uninstalled that viewer, reinstalled with the dowloaded one, rebooted my computer and then booted up the viewer.

This had worked for over the two days but now it's gone back to screwing up with this new update and using the above method still had no effect.

Here are the specs of my computer incase someone can work out why I'm having such a problem with this!

System Specs.jpg

I'm hoping to fix this problem post haste so I can get back to enjoying SL again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.