Just had a horrible experience with a shop today...

3 hours ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I am curious if anyone has filed a dispute with PayPal over a purchase made on marketplace? I am looking into this myself after buying a product that is not usable and not as advertised. 

One thing to keep in mind is that when you dispute a payment with Paypal, you aren't disputing the payment with the vendor who sold you the product, you are making a dispute with Tilia who manages the USD payments for marketplace and where your payment was made.

You paid LL the USD amount through Tilia to LL and and LL paid the vendor the L$ amount.

At no point was any payment made directly to LL or the vendor.

You would only be able to dispute the payment to Tilia with Paypal because it was them whom you paid.

However you would have no basis to do this as Tilia did perform the service they provide as a payment service to LL.
LL also performed the service they provide in this situation which is to provide you funds on the marketplace to purchase the item.  Neither of those services warrant the quality, accuracy or suitability of the marketplace items available to buy.

Your dispute is only with the vendor and so unfortunately your only recourse is to work it out with them.

Edited by Gabriele Graves