UK connection problems again?

Posted (edited)

I was getting really bad server lag (changing textures taking minutes to show) so relogged; now I can't get back in.

Sometimes I get as far as Requesting region capabilities, or a bit further, or not even that far. Eventually it times out. In all cases I get an error message shown below. No report code to report on it. I've managed to log in once, trying another region (3rd attempt) but lost connection immediately on TP. Multiple attempts have failed at various points in the login. (Note: actually trying to log in my wife's avi to test stuff; I've got mine logged in on another PC and not logging it out!

I can login, seemingly normally, through a VPN into the USA and speedtests (not on my VPN) around the world seem normal.

nocon1.png.71fd7b44b316e46b5ab9bdef6726fa45.png

Edited by Rick Nightingale

...and suddenly I can get in normally again.

The above lasted perhaps an hour, including the time I realised I had been getting really bad server lag. Probably failed 20-ish logins, every attempt on a VPN worked normally.

I blame Amazon!

Hello Rick, I am in California and all of a sudden I have not been able to login for over a week now! I don't even know where to start problem solving can you head me in the right direction or offer any advice. I have not made any changes to my computer....one minute SL was working fine and the next nothing. :( 

3 minutes ago, graceblakeley said:

Such is life on SL.

So it is, but LL are paying for AWS (supposedly super-reliable, lol), which is quite possibly responsible for the loss of connection since it is regional. It happened not so long ago too.

Methinks Amazon needs a good kicking.