Has anyone had this happen to them before?

MatKerekes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I noticed that my linden balance was short of roughly 1.5k when I logged onto the sl homepage of my account on my browser, I was thinking that this was odd as I had been offline and did not make those purchases myself. I checked my linden transaction history and there were these two purchases listed as "Destination: Commerce Linden MKT2 Subscription" with each one costing L$799. I have checked my MP order history as well and no such purchases were made matching the description, so it must have been done in-world. Either I was charged by a vendor when I was offline (can this even happen?), and I was charged for a "subscription" (I never subscribed to anything), or someone had access to my account to make those purchases? I did a bit of research online and there were only results of people confusing "MKT2 item sale" as a purchase they did not make (I know that when you purchase something, it shows up as destination commerce linden MKT2 item sale), but has anyone ever seen a "MKT2 subscription" charge? don't you have to actually make the purchases yourself by buying from a vendor or can you actually be charged for something when you are offline?

a few things to keep in mind:

I do not have premium membership;

I rent a parcel at the moment and there were no outstanding rent payments as my next payment is in 64 days;

I have a store (both in-world and on MP) that has gained some traction lately and I have a little bit of lindens saved up;

I have seen a lot of what I suspect are bot accounts visiting my store in my visitor logs (They drop in and leave immediately and they are all blank profiles);

I have already submitted a ticket and activated multi-factor authentication.

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGc

Edited by MatKerekes

2 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, MatKerekes said:

I noticed that my linden balance was short of roughly 1.5k when I logged onto the sl homepage of my account, I was thinking that this was odd as I had been offline and did not make those purchases myself. I checked my linden transaction history and there were these two purchases listed as "Destination: Commerce Linden MKT2 Subscription" with each one costing L$799. I have checked my MP order history as well and no such purchases were made matching the description, so it must have been done in-world. Either I was charged by a vendor when I was offline (can this even happen?), and I was charged for a "subscription" (I never subscribed to anything), or someone had access to my account to make those purchases? I did a bit of research online and there were only results of people confusing "MKT2 item sale" as a purchase they did not make (I know that when you purchase something, it shows destination commerce linden MKT2 item sale), but has anything ever seen a "MKT2 subscription" charge? 

a few things to keep in mind:

I do not have premium membership;

I rent a parcel at the moment and there was no outstanding rent payments as my next payment is in 64 days;

I have a store (both in-world and on MP) that has gained some traction lately and I have a little bit of lindens saved up;

I have seen a lot of what I suspect are bot accounts visiting my store in my visitor logs (They drop in and leave immediately and they are all blank profiles);

I have already submitted a ticket and activated multi-factor authentication.

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGc

ahh never mind i think i just figured it out, these were listing enhancement of two of my products that I bought last month, I was under the impression that it was a one time payment, but apparently you are automatically signed up for a subscription and they are renewed every 7 days and you have to cancel manually. So i must have been paying for these for weeks and only just now noticed.

Edited by MatKerekes
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2024 at 7:52 AM, MatKerekes said:

ahh never mind i think i just figured it out, these were listing enhancement of two of my products that I bought last month, I was under the impression that it was a one time payment, but apparently you are automatically signed up for a subscription and they are renewed every 7 days and you have to cancel manually. So i must have been paying for these for weeks and only just now noticed.

How did you find out which products these were? I haven't been online for a long time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.