New Avi

Steve Oval

Main reason I'm back on SL is I just got a new M1 MacBook Air. I know. Bottom of the line Mac but meets minimum specs for Live12. Upgraded from 9 suite to 12 due to 9 not being supported any more on my old (ancient) MBP. Tend to use Akai Force and MPC Live2 for live stuff, or I can use prerecorded backing tracks through a TC Halicon VL3x. Live12 more for dance/'electronic/house, call it what you will. Use the MPC/Force to create backing tracks, trio format, so basically just Drums and Bass for live guitar/vocal. I know a lot of people use Reaper, cost wise, and a lot use Fruityloops. Never tried either. I Use Studio One for recording, mixing, mastering.

I would probably be more interested in an older aged avi. It's a long time since I was 30something. Point of difference too. I started my computer music interest 20 years ago when I completed a 3 year full time 'commercial music' course as a mature aged student. Back then I was older than most of my class mate's parents .Entered that as a guitar instrument major.

Singing is a relevantly recent thing for me. Just got sick of dealing with vocalist's egos and thought Nah it can't be any harder to just do it myself. Don't have a big range, but a well tuned ear. Have been described more as a story teller. Did the usual open mic thing and lots of busking. Was just starting to find my feet, and confidence, when Covid put a stop to that.

Have a video of a bush fire benefit I did back in early 2020 after the fires here on Youtube.. Can send you a link if you want to see it.

• Like 3