To Downgrade Membership How Do I Delete Tier I Gave To Group?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unfortunately I can't afford to renew my membership this year, but I gave my land tier in Premium membership to a group..

Coming to downgrade my membership I am met with >>

Basic users may not contribute land to groups. You must delete the tier contributions you made to groups which you belong before downgrading to the Basic Plan.

So how do I now delete this tier contribution, help please I just have a day to figure

Thank you, Tóng Tï 

It's easy. You just open the Group Profile of the group you deeded it to and in the Land & L$ tab, change the number from 1024 or whatever it is to 0 and click the Save button

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, K9Mark said:

It's easy. You just open the Group Profile of the group you deeded it to and in the Land & L$ tab, change the number from 1024 or whatever it is to 0 and click the Save button

Thank you K9Mark, yes, I have seen since posting this yes, but, I can't?

In Group Land page, I see all my groups and a donation to one group of my whole Premium tier. Under it, I see the whole parcel for that group has been split into three. None of the sub sizes are the Premium give out of 1.024. In any case, on this page, I cannot enter any data as it's all fixed.

I have gone to my Land Uses Fees page, here there is all my donation data in boxes, I can change that to 0, I do the 'Calculate', and it puts my allocation to my 'Available'.

However when I go to 'Reset' underneath that as a green tab button to check, it doesn't save it?

Just the same, I have tried that and clicked the orange tab button under 'Update Teir', same. There is a page that come up as I do that saying my tier has been saved, but No changes have been made?

I have messaged the person of the group and I am getting no responses, I know that she could 'sell' it back to me, then the allocation wouldn't be donated to any group, so I could just simply change and downgrade my membership. If someone Doesn't want to collaborate, how, how do I just reset My account? It certainly makes me in All walks of wishing to be generous again, there must be a way to preserve the Account Holders right to donate and withdraw that if and when They wish to?

Thanks again for your response/s, I'd most appreciate some help the clock is ticking I need to get off to work now, but so desperately need to sort this today this evening.

Thank you,

Tóng Tï

1 hour ago, GoswamiTulsidas said:

help the clock is ticking

from what you saying it seems like you not saving the changes you make. On the webpage there is a Save Changes button. On the inworld dialog there is a Save button. You have to press the Save/Save Changes button after changing your tier contribution to 0

this link is a bit old but it does step thru the process for both webpage and inworld dialog (Firestorm) showing where the Save buttons are

Edited by elleevelyn
  • Confused 1

You need to log in and change it in world. Open the Group in your viewer and go the that group's 'Land & L$ tab' and there you'll see a little white field with your donation in it. Change that to '0' and click the 'Save' button.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

from what you saying it seems like you not saving the changes you make. On the webpage there is a Save Changes button. On the inworld dialog there is a Save button. You have to press the Save/Save Changes button after changing your tier contribution to 0

this link is a bit old but it does step thru the process for both webpage and inworld dialog (Firestorm) showing where the Save buttons are

Thank you Elleevelyn for your response, but I had done that, to clarify for anyone reading now or looking to in the future, that did not work for me. 

K9Mark (Markland) had it right within his second response.

Anyone wishing to undertake this process, needs >Go Inworld > Open the Group where land is donated > click the

'Land & L$' tab > A field box there shows donated land > check to 0 > Save on the group page > Return to your SL Account  Land Uses Fees page > For me it changed, pretty instantly, if not though the donation has moved to available, so you can then as in my situation, downgrade membership to basic.

This process you could use though if you wanted to reclaim your Premium acc. or any acc that gives a tier allowance, so you could use it again how you wish.

As I read in other forums there was a red message come up giving an alert, I imagine the group holder will get a notification that more land tier needs to be in place.

Anyway, phew, done, and thank you Elleevelyn and Mark greatly, we got there!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, K9Mark said:

You need to log in and change it in world. Open the Group in your viewer and go the that group's 'Land & L$ tab' and there you'll see a little white field with your donation in it. Change that to '0' and click the 'Save' button.

Thank you Mark yes, your second comment is exactly it, so relieved, and appreciate you stepping in here to give a good heads up, I'll sleep tonight!

For any who want to know in the future, this info. if found could give such good clarity.

I shall not repeat what I just wrote above in response to  Elleevelyn, it is confusing, certainly not an easy step though but so pleased we have a good community here and for you both giving your best thoughts.

Blessing and happy SL days, and thank you again,

Kind Regards, Tóng Tï

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.