You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, since I seemed to be having such an issue creating my own script, I decided to buy from a reliable Seller/source. So I bought Bad Katz Animated Rabbit Hopping. The rabbit works great and looks excellent. However, my issue comes in when I try to add it to my creation.

When I linked it, I tried linking the rabbit to my creation with no luck. Then, my creation to the rabbit; both ways, the whole creation moves. The rabbit should be moving on my creation, but the whole piece moves no matter what I try with root prims and all that other good stuff. There is no direction with it other than how to add a root prim to show it as my the creation. I couldn't care less about that. I want the bunny to hop on my creation without the whole thing moving. This is the only animation in my creation so nothing should be conflicting. I have been trying to make this work for a few weeks now and decided I better come to the experts out there to help me understand how to make this item I bought work as intended. I am clueless, so buying something already mad would be easy. Ugh! Now, just to be clear, I have bought other animated creations, and I don't have this issue. I bought and used T Spot animated butterflies, Hummingbirds from Reid Parkin, and the sparrow pack from Reid Parkin with no issues at all when linking items together.

Below is a GIF of what's happening; lots of folks buy her items with no issues, so why can I LOL Help!

Sorry, it wont allow me to open the scripts 

https://gyazo.com/57026c0eaf901f19a60b28590d449c34         https://gyazo.com/0ecbea742422b65f1e21a042f25fb548

https://gyazo.com/558159f4b3fe58985a05c8b74d403eb4

Without seeing the script in question, we can only make guesses. But it sounds like the animation script has been written with the expectation that the rabbit will be its own linkset not linked to anything else. A quick search for the mentioned product on the marketplace pulls up two entries by the creator, and one of them explicitly says as such:

Marketplace item description:

Please note, this object cannot be linked to another object of your own as it conflicts with the script.

So I'd wager that is what's happening here. The warning about conflicts may not necessarily relate solely to interactions with other animations, but quite possibly also with the very linkset architecture. It likely uses functions that affect the entire linkset instead of just the rabbit object itself. Changing that is only possible if you can modify the script, otherwise you'll have to rip it out and replace it with a more compatible one.

The fact that you are able to successfully link other similar products in the way you intend only indicates that those items were scripted differently from this one. It is worth pointing out that the other marketplace entry from the creator mentions they value customer service and encourage people to contact them if they have problems with their products. It may be worthwhile to reach out to them and see if something can be done from that end, as they would know their product and its limitations the best.

Edited by Fenix Eldritch
  • Like 1

@Fenix Eldritch Thanks for the info. I reached out a while ago, and she said she can't help with anything related to scripting; she knows nothing about it. LMAO. Good customer service. Honestly, she probably had someone else script it for her, which is why she does not know anything about scripting. I guess I am just out 500L. Hopefully, one day, I can find someone to teach me how so I can do it myself. There are a ton of video out there, but I need one on one for something like this; it's just the way I learn. There are very few scripted animals on the marketplace, so I guess scripting an animal is not very easy.💫

@Marvin Benelli Sorry if I sound silly but how do I do that?Keep the item/animal in the same spot when they open it like a rabbit in certain weeds or near sun flowers or like  burrow? Is there a certain way to pack it so it opens correct. I have seem this before with like a front Door that come with a house, I would not mind doing this I am just not sure how to do it. Thanks again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.