Creating a HUD without texture files

kateroselie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello people♡

I am really new at using scripts and creating hud, I designed a HUD for changing texture of a dress, it works well if I send all of the texture files. But I dont want to send them. Is there a way or a script that can hide texture files within my hud? 

24 minutes ago, kateroselie said:

Hello people♡

I am really new at using scripts and creating hud, I designed a HUD for changing texture of a dress, it works well if I send all of the texture files. But I dont want to send them. Is there a way or a script that can hide texture files within my hud? 

llSetTexture (and the alternative llSetPrimitiveParams) can use the texture UUID

a texture's UUID can be obtained with Linden Viewer by right click on the texture file in My Inventory and menu:: Copy Asset UUID  which copies the UUID to the computer clipboard from where it can be pasted to a text/script editor. Caveat is that we can only get the UUID when the texture is full permissions

when we have the UUIDs then the actual texture files do not need to be included in either the HUD or object to be textured

in the basic implementation we pass the UUID from HUD to Object. In the advanced version we store the UUIDs in a list in both HUD and Object. And pass the list index from HUD to Object

Thank you for your answer, I am using "Content giver script" by Louna's World It uses UUID to change the texture as you explained but still does not work without source file. It works for me because I have the files but when I give hud ro my alt eithout source tex files, it does not work. Is "llSetTexture" a command or script that I can download? I could not find it on marketplace, I can use scripts but can not write them :)

Thank you for your time and answer

Okay, there seems to be some confusion.

First: Are you sure that Louna's World "Content Giver Script" changes textures in any way? From a quick glance at the marketplace, it seems to be... well... a content giver script. These more or less copy the inventory of an item over towards a recipient. The usual unpacker items. While it's possible, I have never heard of a content giver script changing textures and can't find any mention of that in the store description either.

Second: You will need to be able to modify the script you are using, if you are using the right one. llSetTexture is a script command and thus goes into a script. There probably are solutions where you can just feed in the UUID and that should be fine (via notecard whereupon it creates the script or something) - but again, would need to know which script it actually is that you're using.

Edited by ValKalAstra

I am so sorry,there is confusion because I coppied the wrong name of the script, "RenderWorks Texture Change HUD Scripts 1.0" I am using

I am changing the script for the correct UUID and it works fine as I said.but as long as I have the tex files. When give the dress and the hud to my alt, it doesnt work

Okay I found the source of the problem! When I create the dress I have put texture under Edit / Texture,  I guess the hud was searching for that texture, I made it blank, and now hud works properly. I have been dealing with this problem for a week now. I cant believe it was this easy! Thank you for trying to help this noobie 😅❤️

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.