Can't login

MsKelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

He! I'm new and trying to login for the first time. When I try to login to the Second Life world I get a pop up telling me I need to accept the Terms of Service and a little box I can click to accpet the Terms of Service, but it won't let me "check" the box to accept the Terms of Service so I can continue on and login. 

Frustrated in Texas

Kelli

This question has been asked before but I cannot remember the solution. I will try to find the past Q&A.

Update:

This is a bug that affects some people but there is a workaround.

Install the old viewer 1.23.5 from the link on this page http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Old_versions and accept the TOS on it. It will install side by side with viewer 2.6. Once you have accepted the TOS, you can uninstall 1.23.5 and log in with viewer 2.6.

I know it's inconvenient but it will work. Once the TOS is accepted on one viewer it works for all of them

thanks to Resident Nyll Bergbahn

Ok I've downloaded the older version, but now it wants the first and last name of my avatar, which I only have a first name fir and I've tried everyway to login there but getting errors because of the first and last name thing. 

TIA

Kelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.