How to create a same Sim Terminal for payments?

YoungKrypt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Second Life, YoungKrypt Again.

So I made a script for a Camping Chair, but I didn't want the Camping Chair burning through my Lindens (Paying $1L / Hour) but people can use it as frequently as they want.
I checked with Second Life Rules and Alts are allowed as long as they are not used to cheat, so I used an Alt to handle the payments through the Camping Chairs.

I have now decided I was to add a Terminal:

I have some of these things already but this is what I want to do:

TERMINAL
    ADD CAMPING CHAIR TO LIST
    TOP UP LIST (LINDENS)

CAMPING CHAIR
    PAY $1L ./ HOUR
    READS TERMINAL
    SHOWS FUNDS FROM TERMINAL
    IF FUNDS ARE ABOVE 0L PAYS 1L / HOUR
    IF FUNDS ARE BELOW 1L SETTEXT "FUNDS UNAVAILABLE*

If you can help me figure this out I can pay you in Lindens...
I would need a Full Perm Script though, I already have the Camping Chair, I just need the script for the Terminal to interact with the Chair and top them (multiple Chairs) up with funds from the Terminal.

Message me inGame if you can do this: YoungKrypt

That's not how it works here. This forum is for people asking questions/advice and sharing ideas/techniques regarding scripts. If you want to try scripting this yourself, we can offer guidance, suggestions, examples, and even a little debugging if you're stumped. But if you want to commission someone to write the script for you, you should instead be asking in the Inwolrd Employment forum.

You can request this thread be moved to the appropriate forum by reporting it and saying as much in the description.

• Thanks 1

A) A good faith 'please help me with this project' is welcome in this section, but this reads more like an add for the wanted section. . .

B) Using an alt as a 'payment processor' account is indeed a good and common practice to make sure a system doesn't drain more funds than are allocated to it.

C) The way I would design this system would be to use the description field of the terminal to indicate the total available funds. The terminal need only respond to a 'decrement' request on some shared channel, and the chairs keep the UUID of the terminal as a global variable in their script. the chairs should also listen for other chairs's decrement requests, and perhaps a manual 'update' message to re-check the terminal.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.