Blender error Weight Limit (too many Weights on Verts) when exporting collada avastar mesh top

MadamePuqe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

So as the title says I keep getting this error when exporting, and the outcome of it is ragged sleeves in Second Life. I know it has something to do with weights but I've been trying to mess about with it but it's not getting any better. I feel like im missing a key point here. Am pretty new with modelling in blender so any advice would be appreciated . Here are pictures on how it looks in blender and in second life

image (2).png

image (3).png

Hi :)

I don't know a lot about weight painting but I do remember @Quarrel Kukulcan  and others mentioning here in the forums that the max. number of weights per vertex for SL is 4.

Limiting the number of weights per vertex is done in Weight Painting mode:  Weights > Limit Total > then check in the Last Operator pop_up that the Limit is set to 4. see screen_shots below :

1-min.thumb.png.fbd8b7c12be8fa10e263c1824a9d274f.png

2-min(1).thumb.png.9ccacdd9e2e1d4c53a407786d3ec98d3.png

3-min(1).thumb.png.43e1020dbc9a409f59b6fa2ce56e220c.png

Also I believe the weights per vertex should be normalized before exporting. Weight paint mode > Weights > Normalize All :

4-min.thumb.png.5d37e0572d2b25797a0d024f66a74b33.png

5-min.thumb.png.f87d242f7787cbcd903ac1e71eadc1b2.png

No guarantee's for the above, so best do try this on a copy :)

Edited by Aquila Kytori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.