V2, No Sound, No Advanced Tool, Need to Change Last Name

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Viewer 2:

Current Difficulties:

1) No sound; only an arrow appears in the right upper area of screen.  Sound will not work?

2)  My Advanced tool is gone; how do I find it again or restore it?

3)  I changed my name tag and added a last name and now I cannot find where to nor how to change my nametag back to just Mayalily with no last name?

Thanks for replying Void Singer!  Yesterday I was clicking and clicking the arrow and it wouldn't work.  However, I logged into SL this morning and the music was back, although yesterday i got a message that said:  media_plugin_failurequicktime.  So I uninstalled quicktime, then went back to SL, and still no sound, but this morning it is back thank goodness.

I found where to change nametag... so thank you!

But I still have no advanced toolbar.  Any idea on how to restore the advanced area of the tools?  Is that control + alt + d 'cuz I was thinking you meant control alt d for the music.  I didn't try control alt d because my music was already back and I was working my profile and had to log off SL right now. 

If I reread your post the way you have them lined up as 1 2 and 3, I think you mean advanced toolbar restore is control + alt + d. I can try that later this afternoon. 

heh, well uninstalling quicktime was why you lost music... it must be installed (or a replacement program) for music to work in the viewer. after reinstalling it you probably needed to restart before it behaved again.

yes, ctrl + alt+ D is is the advanved menu (the D stands for Debug, which was the original name for the menu once upon a time)... I'm pretty sure there's no shift in there, but my memory is fuzzy

Void Singer wrote:

yes, ctrl + alt+ D is is the advanved menu (the D stands for Debug, which was the original name for the menu once upon a time)... I'm pretty sure there's no shift in there, but my memory is fuzzy

Ctrl-alt-D and ctrl-atl-shift-D should both work. But you can enable it in Preferences->Advanced now. And I though the menu used to be called client not debug?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.