Converting Skin Mapping to a Different Head

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

Ive just made my first face skin!

I have the creator kit of many different heads, and I’ve noticed some creators release the same skin in different mappings (Genus, Catwa, Lelutka, Etc) so I know there is a way. But I am having trouble finding any tutorial on it.

I have blender downloaded so if I need to use that, I can. If I need to use another tool, I’d be happy to get it.

Thank you for your time,

Emi

• Haha 1

While it's technically possible (to render textures from one model to another with shrinkwrap etc), I'm pretty sure most creators just redraw/fix the skin for the heads that are incompatible or significantly different in certain areas.

Most heads will use roughly the same UV mapping (the LL head UV map), so the texture you've created for one head can be used on most other heads that share the same UV base. You don't need a devkit for all of the heads you wish to sell for.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

On 12/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, Divinely Enamour said:

Hello!

Ive just made my first face skin!

I have the creator kit of many different heads, and I’ve noticed some creators release the same skin in different mappings (Genus, Catwa, Lelutka, Etc) so I know there is a way. But I am having trouble finding any tutorial on it.

I have blender downloaded so if I need to use that, I can. If I need to use another tool, I’d be happy to get it.

Thank you for your time,

Emi

If you have the UV map for the skin you created and the UV map for the head you intend to adapt the skin to (and assuming the UV mapping for both heads is similar enough that you only need to tweak the placement of facial features slightly) you can try using the Liquify tool in Photoshop.

Just load up the target UV and add the original UV as a new layer and use the Liquify tool to adjust the original UV so the features align with those on the target UV, then save the resulting liquify mesh.  You can then apply that liquify mesh preset to any new skin you create for the original UV/head to automatically tweak it to fit the target UV/head (you may need to do some additional manual cleanup depending on how accurately you managed to align the two UVs and how compatible/similar the UVs for the two meshes are).

If you plan to make multiple skins for multiple heads then selecting one head to use as a base and creating liquify presets to help adjust skin textures to fit other heads may save you some time in the long run.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.