Belissaria: Gah, Help With The Meowing Cat

Codex Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's a meowing cat nearby, and cats are cute but zomg... I keep hearing the cat meowing. How do I find it lol and derender/mute gahhhhh

Update: Figured it out. Unfortunately the developers decided to put cat meowing, bird chirping and 100 sounds of the jungle into the "Sound Effects" panel, instead of a more appropriate "Ambient" Channel.

image.png.410de9208b3eee38f420eaaeac4801fa.png

Would be nice if sounds were alloted where they belonged;

eg.

"Wind, Rain, Gentle Breeze, Distant Traffic, Dungeon Sound" etc are in "Ambient"

Sound effects reserved for inworld event sounds like footsteps, door openings, object sounds, etc.

Now I can't hear any effects in Belissaria because the meowing and repeated chirping drove me nuts. :D

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I feel your pain, the cats and traffic noises drove me out of Newbrooke tbh. Different Linden Home types have different sound profiles though; I greatly prefer the sound profiles in Victorian and Log Home zones, and Traditionals have almost zero ambient sounds. 

The above thread link that Elena suggested is helpful. However, I swear I have tried to find all the sound files for cats and traffic the weeks I spent in a Newbrooke home but I couldn't get them all and they would respawn or something idk. I stick to the Linden Home zones that have sounds that don't drive me insane. 

I 100% agree with you that (like pretty much all other game worlds) it would be optimal to have a Second Life dashboard with more sophisticated sound controls. However, given the build-it-as-you-go nature of this virtual world, I don't see it happening in the near future.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.