How to see difference between Fake Lindens / Real Lindens?

CruellaDiavule

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was just given 20k lindens, (from a friend, but I don't usually trust all people on SL, even the ones on my friend list.) and I got super scared immediately cause I was thinking "Oh no, I've recieved possible fake lindens, how do I see if its real? How do I go about this? will I get banned forever now?" I dunno, I'm scared, if the lindens are real, I'll be super grateful, but if they are fake, how do I KNOW completely that they are fake?

6 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

when we are receive money that we don't know why it was given to us then the first and most common reason is that the person made a mistake - they mean't to give it to someone else

the best thing to do is not immediately think of a nefarious reason,  to think that it is a simple mistake and give it back to the person who gave it us. Who 99 times out of 100 will IM us and say: thankyou! so much

when we try to find the person in Search and they do not show up then we can help to protect ourselves by giving the money to Governor Linden and raise a Support Ticket saying that we got L$ from this person. That we can't find them in Search to give it back. So we gave the money to Governor Linden

this provides a paper trail of our involvement which Linden can check and because of which our account will not be at risk at all

Ummmm...Okay, unlikely, this is from a friend, and I asked him about why he gave me so much, and gave me an explanation, sooo not really sure what ur on about.

• Confused 1

On 7/24/2020 at 10:45 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

don't you think your original question was a bit premature? Now you filed a ticket on a , most likeley, innocent friend you brought his account in danger, or at least locked/on hold for several days... gréat friend you are.

"great friend you are." at the expense of getting banned you mean? If I spend these duped L$, I'll possibly get banned if they are duped or fraudulent linden dollars, you'd it in the same position if it was you, so don't even try it.

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Even better, @Schimeon, file a Support Case using the Help>Support>Create Case link on this website.  Include the details of the gift, as shown in your $L Transaction History in your Account section.  ASK Linden Lab if this gift is legitimate.  Then, don't spend it until you get a response.  If it's legit, you're fine!  If it's not, LL will remove the money from your account, but you will not get into any trouble.

Aight, I did the support ticket, thank you! this was the most helpful response ever! I stated that I just want a confirmation if they are duped lindens or not.

And yes, duped lindens are a thing, people have gotten banned from it before, and some viewers/hackers on SL has duped lindens in the past.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No, there is no such think as "duped", "duplicated", or "fake" lindens - the L$ anyway, as there have been people pretending to be Lindens inworld and those are definitely Fake Lindens.

Neither people nor viewers can duplicate Linden $$.  People can obtain them fraudulently and that will get folks in trouble.

When I talk about L$, I'm saying lindens, when I say the Lindens (as in the staff) I'm talking about moderators, admins, or staff, I don't ever say they are lindens really, but I get your point, glad that you can "point out the mistake" where there wasn't any.

Anywho, yes, there are viewers and there are script/hacks to dupe linden dollars on Second Life, my friend achieved 500 linden dollars, and got banned after when she tried to spend it, she called Linden Labs and got herself unbanned by explaning the full story.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.