Pathfinder z distance

perdidodesmuertes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to get llWanderWithin or llPatrolPoints to work at different elevations above ground. It works fine real close to ground, using ll examples, but if I raise the platform its on more than a few meters, it stops working. I need it to figure out how to run at any elevation, like if someone rezzes it in a skybox, or anywhere.

Any ideas?

Are you sure you've set the correct pathfinding attributes on the platform objects? Any object that a PF character is intended to walk on must have the "walkable" attribute assigned to it. You can check by going to the menu: Build > Pathfinding > Region Objects and search for the platform. Look in the "Pathfinding use" column and ensure it's set to "walkable."

Additionally, any time you add, delete, alter, or move an object that affects the region's navmesh, you must rebake it for any pathfinding characters to notice. You should see an icon in the viewer's location bar indicating the region navmesh needs to be rebaked if necessary.

Sorry, after looking at it I have a follow on question. What if your walker is rezzed on a non-walkable surface, how do you make it work? An example is the Firestorm Covid kitty give away. Its a cat that can walk around and interact. It seems to work anywhere. Is there a pathfinder workaround? Do they code llMoveToTarget moves in case its not walkable?

If you venture off the navmesh and get on an unwalkable surface, the character will throw a PU_FAILURE_INVALID_START code in the path_update event. You can use that to monitor the character's status and react accordingly. In such a situation, you could potentially call llNavigateTo and supply a coordinate for a known "good" surface along with the FORCE_DIRECT_PATH parameter to (as the name implies) force the character to go to the specified spot regardless of the navmesh. The wiki page suggests this is a way to "rescue" wayward PF characters who have fallen off the navmesh.

Edited by Fenix Eldritch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.