Need help: Close quick object communicatoin

chriz Breck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rigtho so Looking at my options I cant seem to find one that wont delay. Here is the scenario.

Colour picker HUD, im sure we have all seen em. For testing I am just using llDetectedTouchST(0) to get a vector that I can send to another object. These two objects are not linked together. Now if I use llSay then i get super backlog on the listening end and it continues to filter through all the messages for some time to come. The touch is continual read as you drag across it so I was hoping to have live colour update on the receiving object. Perhaps I am going about this all wrong but I cant seem to figure away past the backlog. I know it can be done but how...

</runnonsentanceidea>

Thanks for any help if ya can figure my block of text up there. Not the best at describing but uhh yea.

I don't know of any better methods for continuous updating from a touch like that, althou you may conside llMinEventDelay instead of a sleep.

my standard for such things has always been to update the local hud color continuously, but not to send the data until the touch end. it doesn't give as pretty a flow on the target item, but it prevents the object from spamming mesages.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.